Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Part 2 of day one

I headed over to Viola's house to check on her and her kids around 2:00. I found Viola in her kitchen cooking and feeling so much better. She was smiling and cooking and happier than I have every found her. She is such a sweet heart - 84 - living on her own with her cats/kids. Two are in the house and five remain in the garage. Presently 3 of the five will come to me and sit on my lap for some attention while the other two are still unsure of me and the changes that have occurred. I was hoping to move them to the store, after a visit to the vet for updated shots and a little check up, this week but I'm thinking it's going to be another week. I have been going everyday for the past month to feed them and clean their litter boxes and to interact with them. I want the move to not traumatize them more than necessary.

After leaving Viola's I went to store to meet a couple that saw the KCAU story Monday night. They fell in love with Beary and Chunk and adopted the two siblings. It looks like a really good fit with a wonderful new family that will love them and be a forever home. Just as they were leaving more people came into the store to check it out. They thought it was so cool that the cats could roam around and not be in kennels. They stayed for a while and more people kept coming.

I headed home about 5:30 - to tired to cook that supper I would have liked to - so, Lar and I went to Texas Roadhouse for supper. Should I feel quilty? Only a little - maybe tomorrow I'll cook.

After dinner we both went to the store to feed the kids supper and tuck them in for the night.

I forgot to mention that we received notification that we were awarded a $250.00 microchip grant from Junior League. Hey!! $250.00 will buy 50 micro chips and help return our cats to their adoptive homes if they every get out of their homes.

I believe that it is in the best interest of all cats to be only house cats and never go outside unless they are in a carrier or a harness and leash with their owners. It is too dangerous out there for them. Too many preditors and too much disease.

It is after 10:00 - I'm pooped - good night - sweet dreams everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment