Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Saturday, March 6th

I got up tired this morning - it's going to be a long day.

I was at the store by 9:00 to begin cleaning and getting ready for a 10:00 opening time. Sharon arrived to help around 10:00 and that was good. Together we got everything looking pretty good.

The cat kids are always glad to see me arrive and I love their morning meows and greetings. I'm certain SPPR has the best cats in town. Let's see you gets a new home today.

Sharon's friend arrived with her daughter and hung out with her for a couple hours. Not good. She's nice but this is a business - I'll have to talk to Sharon about that later.

It was quiet to start so I worked on the computer and created a list of prior donor's that Marcie needed and new signs for the door without K.K.'s phone number. I haven't talked to her in over a week. She was at the vet one morning when I arrived and I said "Good Morning Kris" and she promptly left without saying a word to me. I wish I dared to include some text on our relationship, or rather, lack of but it is probably best to keep my mouth shut. That's hard to do sometimes.

Not much action so I left Sharon and her friend at the store and met Lar at DeKoa's for a quick lunch. Shortly after arriving back at the store Sharon's friend left and people started to come in.

A very nice couple came in to meet that kids. They had to put down an older cat recently and thought they might be ready for another. The looked around and I introduced them to Buford who was in timeout. He was harrassing Prince and needed to have his behavior corrected.

As soon as I opened the door Buford rolled over on this back for the lady and stretched to reach her. Buford knew this was going to be his new mom and dad before they did. They hung out with him for a while and I went to help another family with their daughter looking for a new companion for her. The family from Salix checked out everyone and I thought they were going to adopt Honey when they spotted Mandi napping in the carpet column. I explained that she was formerly owned by a Hospice patient and due to an early eye infection she had a bit of a vision problem in one eye. Within a few minutes they decided she was the one. Wow! Mandi - you struck gold. You are going to love these people and will be spoiled and loved forever.

The couple looking at Buford left saying they would be back tomorrow with their son. They didn't want to make a decision without him.

Marcie came in for me to proof the donation request letter. She is really good at writing and everything. SPPR is lucky to have her helping.

Less than an hour after the couple looking at Buford left they were back with their son. Yep! He's the one. The paper work was completed and Buford went home with his new family.

By this time it was 4:15 and no one was in the store so we started to clean and get supper ready for the kids. I was scheduled to go to a concert with Lar at Morningside college at 7:30. Oh dear - was I going to be able to muster the energy to do this?

Sharon left and I was home by 5:30. I sat down to regroup for a few minutes, grabbed a bite and a diet coke and all of a sudden realized that I had forgotten to go feed the last three kids at Viola's.

It was decided that we would stop on our way to the concert at 6:30 so I quickly changed clothes and we were off.

The kids were waiting for me and wanted their supper. I quickly fed them and said hi to Viola telling her that I would be back at 11:00 Sunday morning for them.

Sweet Lar let me off at the door for the concert. He knew I was tired. We sat in row S for a very enjoyable concert but at intermission I needed to go home. Sorry, I can not remember every leaving a concert early.

Home and in my pj's by 9:30. Night, night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment