Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday-March4th - I think?!

It's 9:00 at night and I am trying to recall the day - I'm sure it will come to me eventually. I made it to the store about 9:30 - feed the kids and did the chores - oh yes - Kelli came down to take pictures of the newer arrivals and work on the computer - the darn printer will only make copies and for some reason we can't print the work we're doing on the computer. Andy to the rescue - he will have it figured out in minutes.

The little girl that arrived yesterday, now known as Sparrow, is so cute and had to go to the vet at 10:00ish for her blood test and check up. Except for worms she's great. She is a dilute calico - gray and tan - and approximately 4 months old. She has a great personality and is extremely friendly. Very playful.

Gerry and Dutch help out on Thursdays and came in about 11:00 and stayed until 1:30. They are a fabulous couple that have worked with ferrel cats in their neighborhood for years. They have also fostered several cats for us. Most recently they took in Mary - a long haired beauty that was hit by a car last October. She had a broken front leg, broken back toes, cuts and bruises, and a head laceration. They fell in love with her and decided that she had a home with them.

Dutch has set up the far back yard of their property to be a heaven for animals. While I was visiting last fall there were 2 bucks, a doe, and a fawn grazing and multiple birds and squirrels. There should be more people like them.
Gerry addressed envelopes for a mailing we are trying to get out. It is a donation request letter that we hope will generate some much needed capitol to continue until we get a grant.

I left them at the store around noon and headed to Viola's. I successfully kenneled the 3rd 6 month old kitten. Hey! That leaves Nancy the orange and white 1 year old and the 3 long haired orange boys. The boys are friendly and come and sit on my lap and love to cuddle. Nancy is the challenging one. I don't want to live trap her but may have to.

I took the kitten over to Mike's house. He is a cat whisperer and magically will transform the 3 little black kittens into loving sweet house cats. Go Mike.

Back at the store I decide to scrub the bathroom and store room to make them shine. I think we will be really busy this weekend and may not have the time to deep clean like I like to. It is very important to keep things very clean and smelling like no cats are in the building. Cleaning is key.

I also run to pick up "Sparrow" from the vet and pick up extra Drontal for deworming and some combo vaccine to vaccinate a few of the kids. By doing it myself I save quite a bit of money.

The files are in order and everything is ready for the weekend. A few people have stopped in to visit and check on the cats. I'm pretty sure one of the ladies will be back to adopt "Sabrina" tomorrow with her husband.

Sharon and her son Roger arrive about 5:00 to shampoo the carpets. We had some muddy feet and I didn't think it could wait until Monday - our usual day to shampoo it. I headed home about 5:30 and yes I cooked. I stir fried vegtables, mixed them with rice and sauce and surprised Lar. It wasn't very good. Sorry. I'll follow a recipe next time.

Everyone that knows me knows that I have only missed one episode of Survivor since it started years ago. So, from 7 to 8 on Thursdays, watching Survivor is what I do. I would love to be on that show or Amazing Race. I wish I was younger and I would apply.

I headed back down to the store after 8:00 to tuck everyone in for the night and make sure all was well. Sharon and Roger left the place perfectly and I just gave everyone a little pat and love, grabbed the garbage bag and headed back home.

Oh I forgot but sometime during the day I went to Sam's for supplies and Best Buy for printer ink. I should have stopped at the pharmacy and picked up my meds - I better remember to do that tomorrow.

Sweet dreams everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog, Beth! Keep it up. I knew you were busy, but gee, you do NOT stop!
    Great job and I am so proud to be a part of SPPR.

    ReplyDelete